Public Health Annual Reports
2022 Public Health Annual Report (Video)
Public Health Annual Report (Video Transcript)
The Public Health Annual Report (PHAR) is the independent annual report produced by the Director of Public Health. It is a statutory requirement for all local authorities to produce one. This year, the 2022 report is presented in two parts:
- A video (top link) which focuses on the key role of the Community, Voluntary and Faith sector in supporting local people and residents to be resilient in challenging circumstances
- A State of the Borough report which presents a range of statistics to report on health and wellbeing in the borough
The work highlighted in the video/report supports the following priorities of the Wirral Plan 2026:
- Brighter Futures: Working together for brighter futures for our children, young people and their families by breaking the cycle of poor outcomes for all regardless of their background.
- Safe and Vibrant Communities: Working for safe and vibrant communities where our residents feel safe and are proud to live and raise their families.
- Active and Healthy Lives: Working to provide happy, active and healthy lives for all, with the right care, at the right time, to enable residents to live longer and healthier lives.
Previous Public Health Annual Reports
Annual Report of the Director of Public Health for Wirral (2020-2021): Embracing optimism - Living with COVID-19:
Public Health Annual Report 2019 as Creative Communities Culture for Health and Wellbeing in Wirral 2019 (also view examples of local creative services and access)
Public Health Annual Report 2018 as Harmful Gambling: The Other Side of the Coin
Public Health Annual Report 2016-17 and accompanying animation of 'Expect Better' the Annual Report of the Director of Public Health for 2017
Public Health Annual Report 2015-16 with Domestic Abuse Let’s make a difference
Public Health Annual Report 2014-15 as Improving the public's health in Wirral
Public Health Annual Report 2012-13 as Social Isolation
Public Health Annual Report 2011-12 as Population-wide health services
Public Health Annual Report 2010-11 as ‘life-cycle’ approach to public health
Public Health Annual Report 2009-10 as reducing smoking and tobacco use
Public Health Annual Report 2008-09 as addressing overweight and obesity
Wirral Health Inequalities Annual Report 2009-10
These reports summarise the progress made against the Wirral Health Inequalities Action Plan on an annual basis. Wirral Health Inequalities Annual Report 2009-10