Wirral Health & Wellbeing Strategy
Wirral Health & Wellbeing Strategy 2022-27
The Wirral Health & Wellbeing Strategy 2022-27 has been developed by Wirral Health and Wellbeing Board, which is a collective of local organisations including the Council, NHS, Healthwatch, the Community, Voluntary and Faith Sector, Merseyside Fire and Rescue Authority, Merseyside Police, the Department for Work and Pensions and Wirral Metropolitan College.
Every area is required to have a Health and Wellbeing Board. Their job is to improve the health and wellbeing of the local population, as a partnership committee, producing a joint assessment of health needs and a joint health and wellbeing strategy.
The strategy focuses on our mutual priorities, resources and assets that will make the biggest difference to improving health in Wirral. It sets out the shared ambition, solutions and approaches, using the best of the borough’s combined strengths and capabilities.
It is built upon what Wirral residents have said about being healthy and what evidence suggests works to help. The Strategy complements the work of individual organisations and contributes to the delivery of the Wirral Plan 2021-2026. It also a key part of the vision for the Cheshire & Merseyside Integrated Care System, which has a duty to work closely with the Health and Wellbeing Board. More broadly it supports the local delivery of All Together Fairer, Cheshire and Merseyside’s collaborative approach to reducing differences in health outcomes.
The strategy has five priorities, these are:
- Priority 1: Create opportunities to get the best health outcomes from the economy and regeneration programmes
- Priority 2: Strengthen health and care action to address differences in health outcomes
- Priority 3: Ensure the best start in life for all children and young people
- Priority 4: Create safe and healthy places for people to live that protect health and promote a good standard of living
- Priority 5: Create a culture of health and wellbeing, listening to residents and working together